- Connection: Drop-in For Pre-2016 N Scale Intermountain Railway Co Models
- Motor Rating: 0.75 Amp
- Functions: (6) 150mA outputs (800mA Total)BEMF: YesSound: Programmable, 32 MBit – See Manufactures Website for Options
- Speaker Rating: SPEAKER NOT INCLUDED – Requires Speakers Rated at 1.0W, 4 ohm or 8 ohm Recommended
- Protocol: NMRA DCC CompliantTransponding: Railcom PlusAdditional Features: Sound Sync Input, Fwd and Rev Trim Adjustment
- Manufacturers Website: ESU – Electronic Soultions Ulm
- Compact design makes this decoder suitable for nearly any installation in HO and larger scale models (frame modification may be required)
- DC or DCC Operation, 2 or 4 Digit Addressing, 14-28-128 Speed Steps, and Consisting
- Selectable sound configurations including multiple Prime Mover, Horn and Bell sound in each file
- Fully programmable sound with over numerous variations available (LokProgrammer required)
- Eight Independent Sound Channels
- Three-step or Loadable Speed Table and Forward / Reverse Trim Adjustment for Superior Speed Matching
- Free Function Allocation (Function Mapping), F0 – F12
- Built-in motor circuit over-load protection and function output short circuit protection
The LokSound Select comes with a 32 MBit memory chip. The sounds are transferred to a class “D” audio amplifier via eight polyphonic sound channels. LokSound Select decoders offer the following unique features:
- Multiple whistle and horns: the Select offers many whistle & horns. By just changing one CV, you can select your favorite one.
- Playable whistle
- 8 channel sound: The LokSound Select can playback up to 8 sounds at the same time.
- Synchronized brake squeal: The LokSound Select will synchronize the brake squeal sound with the real movement of the locomotive.
- Manual notching: The diesel speed steps can be either manually controlled by function keys or automatically based on the speed.
- Individual volume control: The volume of all sound effects can be adjusted individually.
Steam decoders can produce over 20 sound effects, including the bell, air pump, exhaust chuff, coupler, steam release, cylinder cocks, brake release, side rod clank, blower, injector, Fireman Fred and many more. Synchronizing the steam chuff rate by using two CVs only virtually eliminates the need for a cam.
Diesel decoders can produce over 20 sound effects, including the engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes, fans, brake squeals, coupling and uncoupling, detector sounds, rail clank and many more.
Customize your sounds
Unlike other manufacturers, LokSound Select offers you two options to customize your engine. The most simple is by using one CV. You can select the prime mover sound, the desired whistle or horn and the bell. Each LokSound Select offers various options on that.
You may at any time use the LokSound Programmer to download new sounds into the LokSound Select. We offer numerous “ready-made” sound packages for easy downloading.
Superior motor control
ESU offers load compensation (using BEMF). While other manufacturers seem only to focus on the sound options, the LokSound Select offers the 5th generation of motor control resulting in a smooth and precise locomotive operation. Good motor control is mandatory for model trains: Even the best sound is worthless if the locomotive running is not smooth!
If you are using coreless or conventional DC motors, the LokSound Select’s unique auto-detection function can measure the characteristics and adjust the internal settings. There is no need to fiddle around with many CVs to adjust motor control. Due to Dynamic Drive Control (DDC) you can limit the influence of the load control and operate realistically and when going uphill the engine prototypically slows down.
LokSound Select decoders are firmware-updatable. This means, the internal decoder software can be replaced by new versions, if necessary. For this, you only need an ESU LokSound Programmer and a PC.